Tuesday 13 January 2015

Nordicware Baking Tins - Spoilt at Christmas

As a keen follower of Great British Bake Off winner, Jo Wheatley, I became aware of the amazing baking tins you can get from American company, Nordic Ware.  These tins are not cheap, but boy are they heavy, robust and built to last.  I must have been pretty unsubtle, as I received three of these beauties for Christmas.  I have yet to try the Ginger Bread House tin, but for last weekend, I put the Christmas Tree and Heritage Bundt tins to the test for a birthday celebration weekend for my friend Duncan.



In the Heritage tin, I made Jo Wheatley's new recipe for a Toffee, Banana & Pecan Bundt Cake
Drizzled with Waitrose Toffee Sauce and topped off with mini marshmallows.





Next up was Nigella's Spruced Up Vanilla Cake in the Christmas Tree tin.  It was a little reminder of the brilliant holiday we had in Austria to celebrate his 40th Birthday, hence the cream 'snow', fir trees and wintry village scene.  This cake looks great with a dusting of icing sugar to set the scene.




They both worked out perfectly and were just was needed after a day of activities.  Needless to say, I didn't bring any home.

For both the cakes, I greased them well with Wilton Cake Release before adding the cake batter.  I took the oven temperatures given as for a static oven, not fan.  Large eggs were used in both recipes.

Great tins that get lots of oohs and aahs and recipes that are simple to follow.  I think I am smitten with Nordic Ware tins.  Which recipe to try in them next?

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment