Sunday 28 April 2013

Icicle Socks and a rather funky new hat!

Sometimes there's just never enough time to fit everything in - well that's my excuse for tardy blogging anyway!

I have, of course, found some spare knitty time and have managed to finish 2 lovely projects I had on the go.

The first was my pair of Icicle Socks for the UK Sock Knitters Lunar themed KAL on Ravelry.


I dyed the yarn with 3 packets of Berry Blue Koolaid to create a stripy effect.  They do have 2 rows of beads at the top which is hard to see.  It was my first attempt at knitting with beads, using a minuscule crochet hook to attach them to the yarn.  Fiddly, but addictive!

My other project was a lovely warm and soft Kathleen hat in soft merino aran weight yarn.


I need to get it a little more slouchy and perhaps finishing it before it started getting warmer would have been wise!  Oh well!

Whilst hanging out the washing, it dawned on me quite how many hand knit socks I have.......... and that doesn't include the ones made as gifts!!!  Or the third row you can't see :-)




Happy knitting!

For more Finished Object Friday posts head over to Tami Ami's Blog.



4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous way to showcase your socks! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it just made me giggle when I saw them all swaying in the wind!

      Delete
  2. Both projects look great. I love having a big sock wash day and hanging them all out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I do have a lot of purple & red ones!

      Delete