Wednesday 28 November 2012

Christmas Bonanza at Cowslip Workshops

Last weekend saw Mum and I drive down to Cornwall in some 'testing' weather conditions.  However, nothing would stop us reaching our destination, as we were going to the amazing Cowslip Workshops for their annual Christmas Bonanza Workshop.  I've done this fun weekend before, as well as another quilting workshop back in March and I can safely say........... I LOVE COWSLIP! 




Everything about it is enchanting, the farm location looking across to Launceston Castle, the homely Cafe serving delicious food and the amazingly generous tuition from tutor and owner Jo Colwill.  You just feel welcome and no-one wants to leave. 



Oh, and don't even get me started on the shop, which is a quilters paradise.  Its a very good job I don't live closer, else I don't think my credit card would survive!

Throughout the weekend I got to start on a new Xmas Quilt (I can't help myself!!!).  Here I learnt some new piecing skills and also how to make a 'wonky' log cabin design.................




........................ then I moved on to making 'Ruddy' the Reindeer.  He makes me laugh!




I have a Xmas wreath in the making, as well as a bundle of other patterns to play around with.  Should keep me occupied for a while.

Not only did we have fun at the workshop, we also have stayed at the lovely Goodmansleigh B&B, which was recommended by Cowslip.  Run by the delightful and attentive Lisa, you can expect immaculate rooms, super comfy beds, a delicious breakfast and lots of sewing chat.  Just 10 minutes from Cowslip and on the outskirts of Launceston, it provided the perfect location.  Even Dartmoor was just a short drive away.  We can't wait to return and are looking forward to seeing the new self-catering barn conversions which should open next year.

Oh, and did I mention we've booked in for next years Cowslip Bonanza weekend - yippee!

Roll on 2013 - Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment