Sunday 5 August 2012

Finished Baby Shrug & Ravellenic Socks

Just a quickie post to share the finished little Baby Shrug I have made my Niece from the Debbie Bliss Simply Baby Book.



I used Lana Grossa Cinque yarn which is an aran-weight and the yardage is amazing.  It just keeps going.  I used 2 full 50g balls and then finished off the cuff ribbing with some double-knit yarn I had in a matching shade of purple (most of my stash consists of purple!).  It worked brilliantly.

The size made was 12 - 18 months and should keep her nice and cosy when it gets colder!




I've also just finished a little pair of socks for her (she is a brilliant little stash-buster) as my first entry in the Ravellenic Games for the Event Sockput and Event Baby Dressage.  For those of you not on Ravelry, I apologise if you wonder what on earth I'm talking about, but as its the Olympics, we Ravthletes are competing in different events for the glory of a Ravellenic Medal.  You Cast-on during the Opening Ceremony and then have until the Closing Ceremony to complete as many projects as possible.  Daft, but fun and very addictive.




At the moment I have picked up a hot water bottle cover that's been in my project bag for months....... its sure good for getting you motivated.

I need to get back to my baking, but I keep getting side-tracked by the Olympics!

Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment