Friday 27 April 2012

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week - Day 5 - Wild Card

Craft Your Perfect Day
Plan your fantasy day with your craft, It might just take up one hour of your day or be the entire focus of the day, but tell your readers where you'd love to craft, whether you'd craft alone or with friends, knitting or crocheting something simple or spending a day learning new skills.
3KCBWWC


Well today I've gone and chosen the 'Wild Card' option!  Hmmmmm craft your perfect day???  Now, I'm a girl who likes to learn new stuff for all my crafts.  I've taken spinning lessons, learnt how to make quilts, had a go at lace knitting lessons, but if you asked me to craft my perfect day, it would have to be all about Socks and location, location, location.

Last year OH and I went on a road trip starting in Northern Spain and then travelling up through France before catching the ferry back home.  On this trip I knit my beloved socks the whole way, including in the bar on the 24 hour ferry journey from Portsmouth to Bilbao (got a few funny looks) the long car journeys across Spain and France (OH was driving honest) and most importantly at the beautiful Posada we stayed at in the Picos de Europa in Northern Spain and the many campsites along our route.

So my perfect crafting day would include all these.....................

I would wake up early in our Posada and pop out onto the balcony for a sneaky few rows before breakfast whilst OH was still snoring!



Then we would walk up into the mountains to work off the mahoosive breakfast.......yum yum yum yum, stopping for lunch in a spectacular spot, with a little more knitting of the socks to aid digestion


I'd then teleport myself and belongings  (OK, I really went by broomstick.  Well it was on auto-pilot so I could knit en-route.  One doesn't like to waste an opportunity for Knitty) to the beaches of Northern Spain .......................



Where we would pitch our tent and settle in to an evening of good local food, a glass or two of local wine and a not bad at all view.........



Off course whilst knitting my current socks I would be wearing my Firestarters.......



Right, I don't know about you, but I'm off to book my next visit and pick out which sock yarn to pack......... contented with my perfect crafting day....... I think so!




No comments:

Post a Comment