Saturday 5 November 2011

Peanut butter and choc chip cookies

So yesterday my Mum dropped off some rather scrummy homemade peanut butter and choc chip cookies, which came from the blog of  Jo Wheatley.  The lovely Jo won this years Great British Bake-off and was my favourite from the start.  In our household I live with a rather large cat and a OH who doesn't have much of a sweet tooth.  However, these disappeared quicker than Usain Bolt running the 100m sprint.  (No it wasn't the cat!!)  Not wanting to be out-baked, I had to give them a try.  Plus I had been out for a lovely run with my running buddy and her daughter KT today and we just happened to get talking food, (OK, I know, I do most of the gas-bagging) and discovered KT is rather partial to peanut butter!  I'm always on the look-out for guinea-pigs, so a little cookie parcel may arrive on her doorstop tomorrow. Its a basic recipe, but the flavours are great (even if you're not a peanut butter fan like me).  The recipe is based on cooking in an Aga and the suggested fan oven temperature is 110c.  Blimey that's low I thought.  It actually should say 190c, so mine took a while longer, but will definitely be making them again at the correct temperature. 


Ooopps, theres 1 missing!  Well I did have to try one.  Tasty and chewy and a good excuse to try out "Bake-O-Glide" for the first time.  No more wasted bits of cookie sticking to the baking sheet for me no more.  Or throwing away baking parchment.  Reduce, re-use, re-cycle.

On the crafting front, I am helping out at my local yarn store tomorrow, by teaching the making of these cute little Christmas Bell Decorations.  I confess I did cheat on the first one and use the sewing machine, so thought I better test it hand sewn as well.  Quick and fun to make, I think I am going to have to try and make-up a Christmas Tree version.


And some things were never going to be anything other than little.  Some of this years allottment offerings were nothing more than 1/2 pint sized.  I don't think I can bare to use the butternut squash, its so ickle :)



The wine glass is purely for sizing........honest......



Happy baking/crafting/gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment